- Victor Hill, AAM Archivist from 1982–2011, wrote A Concise History of the Association of Anglican Musicians: 1966-2006, which, in part, was based on previous work by Mildred Buttrey and Edgar Billups.
- AAM Salary Guide (Revised 2018, PDF)
- AAM Statement on Paid Singers Employment Status (June 2013, PDF)
- AAM Bylaws (Revised 2013, PDF)
- Bibliography of Useful Resources for the Church Musician, compiled from a survey of the AAM membership, produced by Margaret A. Neilson and Alan C. Reed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this document.
Documents Available for Purchase
The documents below may be purchased here via PayPal, or you may email to request a postal mail form.
|A Catalogue of Anthems and Motets for the Sundays of Lectionary Years A, B, and C. Complete Revised Edition, 2009, with Addendum
Incorporates the Revised Common Lectionary and the Roman Catholic Lectionary for Mass by William Wunsch, D.M.A.The Addendum to the Catalogue is a continuation of the original catalogue based on the Prayer Book Lectionary. The Roman Catholic Lectionary for Mass has been included, because non-Episcopal church musicians have used this resource so extensively. Proceeds from the sale of this publication go to AAM Endowment Fund. PDF Edition only (via electronic delivery) $45. Most requests are processed within 48 hours.
|Musicians Called to Serve: A Handbook for the Selection, Employment, and Ministry of Church Musicians (Revised 2011)
This document is a helpful tool for both musicians and clergy. This revised edition includes the AAM Salary Guide (Revised 2018) and sample contract. The cost is $15.00, postage included. AAM members may download this document at no cost. Non-members purchasing the book may opt to have it delivered as a PDF via email instead of a hard copy via regular mail (at the same price). If you want the PDF only, after your purchase send an email request to email@example.com. Most requests are processed within 48 hours.
|Servant Leadership for Musicians: A Vocational Handbook for Ministry
This publication includes educational information and resources for musicians in ministry leadership and is also intended to help church musicians identify problems in an employment relationship, providing practical recommendations for dealing with conflicts when they occur. The cost is $15.00, available only as a PDF, delivered via email within 48 hours of purchase.
|A History of Music in the Episcopal Church
by Carol Doran and William H. Petersen
This is the 2nd edition of the AAM’s continuing education project and includes a separate Study Guide. The cost is $20.00. The History and its Study Guide are available only as PDFs, delivered via email within 48 hours of purchase.
Featured Image: AAM Conference, England 2017. Photos by Dr. Homer Ferguson III.